Friday, November 21, 2008

14 Degrees Below Normal..

It's cold here in Maryland. In fact, very cold for this time of year. Our highs over the last week have been in the upper 30s, which are January/February temperatures. They're 14 degrees Below normal, and like everyone we're feeling it!
This morning, when Tom set out for work at 4:30am his car wouldn't turn over, so the dogs and I got dressed (yes, they put on t-shirts in extreme cold like this morning's 28F) and drove Tom to the metro (subway) in our truck. We'll have to tend to the dead car this weekend.
I walked the dogs this morning for about 20 minutes. They were wearing their "Spiderman" and "FBI" Tee shirts, and I was wrapped in my winter jacket, with scarf, gloves, hat and lots of kleenex. Dry cracked skin on my hands has already reared its ugly head, a month or two ahead of time, so I'm chock full of moisturizer.
As I think about all this, I wonder, how in the world do my friends in Maine, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota do it for a longer winter period? Maybe I'm just getting old! Oh yeah, did I mention another day of snow showers here in Maryland today? Christmas music is now on the radio, and I'm okay with that- given the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy