Monday, August 30, 2021

Turning an Angry Message for Simple Oversight into a Positive

This weekend was quite a challenge for me. I received an angry email message for a simple oversight  that caused me a lot of anxiety and really made me angry.  I just don't understand why people have to rage (at people they really don't even know), when all it takes is a simple, quick email or inquiry to check on something.  Ultimately, I turned the negative into a positive and contacted others who also may have had any misconceptions.  Today's blog is about my weekend experience. 



1) My Experience: An Angry note received:   I write paranormal books in my spare time (NOTE: Spare time). I also do medium readings and request permission to use some of them in future books. Well, as far back as 2017 I started collecting stories for my third in the series. When two of our dogs died in 2020 and we were devastated, I changed the focus of my next book to "dogs only." I neglected to email the 40 or so cat parents that their cat stories would appear in the 4th volume. 
    But I only realized that when I received a very angry email from someone who was still waiting and said I promised them the book would be out by 2021. Well, the cats version should be out (HOPEFULLY) in 2023 or so (Side Note: writing books is hard, and time consuming).  Fortunately, after I explained this, she understood.  **So, I spent over 2 hours on Sunday emailing all the other cat parents about the change in plans. Ultimately, I turned the angry letter into something positive, but it still bothered me for hours on Sunday evening.
   Back in 2017, I did free medium readings, and only offered to put the story in the next book. So, there was nothing lost. I did get an apology.

THE POINT-  Before you slam someone, ASK them nicely what is going on. and Never, Ever, Ever publicly post a hateful message on social media before learning the Facts.  

LAST WORDS:   Why can't people just behave in a civll manor instead of going to extremes? Not everyone is out to get you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy