Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A LESSON During a Pandemic; Get the Vaccine: Anti-Vax Radio Host Dies of COVID ‘ .

 There is no celebration in the death of anyone, no matter how much they try and hurt others or purposely feed them wrong information that leads to their demise. A life is a life. During the weekend of August 7, an Anti- Vaccination right-wing radio host died a horrible death of COVID 19. 

   He laughed in the face of science and encouraged his listeners NOT to get the COVID vaccine and risk their own deaths. He mocked Dr. Anthony Fauci and called him a "Power tripping lying freak," that encouraged his listeners to threaten the doctor. 

     Now, he's dead. Before he died, though, he changed his mind about the vaccine. It was far too late. I post this as a LESSON to those people who still refuse to get vaccinated for the greater good of society and themselves and their family and friends.  This man was foolish and realized it on his deathbed. Don't do the same. Here's the story:



Anti-Vaccine Radio Host Encourages Friends to Get Vaccinated Before Dying From COVID-19 Complications


Variety, Aug. 8, 2021
 
Dick Farrel, a right-wing Floridian radio host, has died of complications from COVID-19, according to local news station WPTV.

Farrel was vocal about his opposition to vaccination and general skepticism about the severity of the pandemic. On July 1, he made a Facebook post claiming to personally know two people in critical condition with COVID-19 despite being vaccinated. On July 7, he called Dr. Anthony Fauci a “power tripping lying freak.” These posts were among several others of the same sentiment, including at least one removed by Facebook for including misinformation, according to The Hill

But once Farrel contracted the virus himself, his opinion changed. WPTV reported that Amy Leigh Hair, Farrel’s close friend, decided to get the vaccine because of him. “COVID took one of my best friends! RIP Dick Farrel. He is the reason I took the shot,” she posted on Facebook. “He texted me and told me to ‘Get it!’ He told me this virus is no joke and he said, ‘I wish I had gotten it!’ I was one of one the people like him who didn’t trust the vaccine. I trusted my immune system. I just became more afraid of getting COVID-19 than I was of any possible side effects of the vaccine. I’m glad I got vaccinated.”

 “He fought like a tiger. Please don’t put off getting attention for this illness,” Farrel’s longtime partner Kit Farley wrote on Facebook. “Yes, for some it has minimal effects, but others it is deadly.”

According to another post by Farrel’s friend Mick McCabe, Farrel struggled with COVID-19 for three weeks before he died. He was 65.

Farrel’s death comes as Florida battles a new surge in COVID-19 cases, having reported on Friday its highest number of daily reported cases since the start of the pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy