Saturday, August 7, 2021

Hero of the Week; Officer Ken

 This week's hero is a long-time friend of mine, who has served as a police officer on the U.S. Capitol Police and later county police in Maryland. My friend Ken finally retired this past week after putting in 40 years of protecting and serving.  When I saw the video of his final sign off, it brought a tear to my eyes. Today's blog honors him as the Hero of the Week. 

Although he's a towering mountain of muscle who stands over 6 feet tall, he's got a huge heart. He's always there when called. I met him when I was teenager, because he's married to one of my best friends (both are like brother and sister to me), and they're my adopted family. If you want to see what a true-life superhero looks like, look at Ken. I'm so proud of him, so thankful for all his service, and so happy that he is retiring. In fact, the county even named a day for him in his honor. 

So, join me in celebrating an amazing man (who is the dad of an amazing daughter in the service and is an awesome photographer; and the dad of two gay sons- one a stylist with his own shop and the other an interpreter for the deaf), who also has an amazing wife. I could go on, but the point is to celebrate Ken today as Hero of the Week. He'll always be a superhero to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy