Monday, April 13, 2020

In Memory of My Friend Jane

This has been a tough month for many people, myself included. Last week, Charlie, my friend of 23 years passed from a battle with cancer. This past weekend, I learned that my friend Jane passed away.
  Jane has known me since I was born, and that's because she was my mom's best friend. Jane was 93 when she passed on Friday, April 10. She was living in a nursing home in Massachusetts, and contracted the COVID19 virus.
   I have 50 plus years of wonderful memories of my mom's time spent with Jane, and the many conversations they had. Jane always made everyone smile. She has a beautiful family or grown children, and grandchildren. Jane's husband Phillip passed in 2004, and I also remember him fondly.
   Often, when I was in my teens and 20s and lived at home with my parents, if Jane called, I would always talk with her for a little while before I called my mom to the phone. Jane  always made you feel cared for, and she left that impression on me even as a kid. As I grew older, I would mail her my paper newsletters, and finally emailed her my daily blogs.
    When my dad passed in 2008, Jane, wheelchair bound then, made it a point to be at the services for my mom and our family. My mom used to drive to visit Jane and would tell me of their great conversations.
   Jane's calm demeanor, and patience beyond the understanding of any human would often calm my (emotional) mother down. Only Jane had that ability. I sometimes talked with Jane on the phone about my mom's crazy behavior when dementia had began to affect my mother. Jane was a calming voice.
   It's hard to write this without having tears in my eyes. I've known Jane my entire life.She was like an aunt to me, and always offered a calm voice. I can hear her voice in my head and see her smile. I'll hold on to that for the rest of my life. Although she was my mother's best friend, Jane was also MY friend and I love her, too.
   I'll miss you in the physical world, Jane, and I thank you for everything you've ever done for my mom, my family and for me. You are a light for all of humanity and continue to shine from the other side.
 NEXT: Jane Gave me an Incredible Sign from the Other side


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy