Thursday, April 2, 2020

ATTN: FL, GA, MS, AL, LA, WV, TN, TX: Wife of coronavirus patient asked this ICU nurse to FaceTime with 35 yr old dead husband

Watching the news every day, its Outrageous to see that many of the southern states have little restrictions on socializing during the spread of this deadly pandemic of COVID19. It's already killed THOUSANDS of HEALTHY people from teenagers to people in their 20s and 30s. I'm disgusted with Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia, Tennessee, Texas and others who are run by governors who don't care about their citizens. JUST READ THIS about a healthy 30 year old man who died from COVID19.


Wife of coronavirus patient asked this ICU nurse to FaceTime with dead husband
Michael Kouridakis said "everybody cries at work" now amid coronavirus.
By Juju Chang and Kelly McCarthy ABC News
March 31, 2020, 10:18 AM

ICU nurse on helping COVID-19 patient's wife FaceTime with him after he died
The people who made an oath to save lives are now putting their own health at risk and dying on the front lines of the coronavirus battle. Health care professionals fighting coronavirus on the frontlines continue to push through unimaginable experiences, as hospital beds fill up and empty out before families have a chance to say goodbye, leaving nurses to take on the role of caretaker and mourner.

Michael Kouridakis, who has been an ICU nurse for 25 years, told  ABC news "Nightline" co-anchor Juju Chang about a heart-wrenching FaceTime conversation with a patient's wife just moments after he died.

"I used to joke you could only get PTSD if you have feelings. Even the most hardened practitioner -- everybody cries at work. It's just part of it now," Kouridakis said.

"I had a 35-year-old patient die on me the other day with nothing significant in his medical history. This is a horrible, horrible disease," he said. "People die alone now, and that’s unusual."

MORE: 'Once a nurse, always a nurse': 20,000 former UK medics return to battle coronavirus
The unidentified, previously healthy man, was Kouridakis' first patient at the start of his shift and "had coded a couple of times during the day."

"I straightened up the room and made sure he looked nice for the call. And the monitor started alarming. I looked up and his heart rate was dropping, his blood pressure was dropping and within just a minute or two he was almost gone," he said.


Michael Kouridakis describes COVID-19 patient's wife who asked to FaceTime him after he died.ABC News
"I just stopped what I was doing and I went with him and I talked to him. I said that his wife was thinking about him and I'd just spoken to her, you know, and that his family loved him and missed him," Kouridakis recalled, holding back tears. "I just tried to say the things that I thought I might want to hear if it was me."

He continued, "I just called her and let her know that he passed away. And she still wanted to FaceTime with him."

"Then she handed the phone around and gave it to their son, a 10 or 12-year-old boy. That was hard," Kouridakis added. "He just said, 'Papi, Papi, please don't leave me alone in this world.' You know, that was it." 
VIDEO: https://abcn.ws/2yi8vRO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy