Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some Down Home Maine Humor

One of my adopted "Moms" lives in Maine, and she sends the funniest, most entertaining emails to us. Here are a couple of them that you may enjoy. They made us laugh out loud!

Summer's almost here in Maine .........we can now see the deer moving around. Yep, won't be long.

SOME MAINE REFLECTIONS ABOUT GETTING OLD:
1) INTERVIEW WITH A 104-YR OLD:"And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?," the reporter asked. She said, "No peer pressure."
2) THIS COULD BE FROM AN ELDERLY MARYLANDER: I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes, I'm half blind,
can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that
make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia, poor circulation; Hardly feel my hands and feet, Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92.
Have lost all my friends. But, thank God I still have my driver's license.
3) WORKING OUT: "I feel like my body is totally out of shape, So I got my doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy