Monday, February 16, 2009

Savannah Part Three: Ghosts That Weren't On the Tours

(PHOTO: River House Tavern's bar) Although we did go on a ghost tour, I didn't need it to find spirits. As usual, they found me. In the next blog entry, I'll tell you about ghosts that were in places where they've been reported. This entry is about ghosts that appeared and we weren't on a ghost tour!
1) GHOST AT THE BAR: The River House, 125 West River Street, Savannah, GA 31401
http://riverhouseseafood.com/. This restaurant is located in an 1850’s King Cotton Warehouse. It's located facing the Savannah River, and features local seafood, homemade breads and desserts, baked on the premises. We went in for the desserts and they were very tasty. After we finished dessert, I got up and headed to the restroom. As I walked by the small bar (next to the restroom) I got a headache in the back left part of my head - which indicates a ghost is around. I suddenly got very woozy, and felt as if I were drunk! I made it into the men's room and fell against the wall! The ghost, who is a man, conveyed to me that he became drunk or sick and died in that building. I was able to shake it off and walk back to the table. We promptly left and my head cleared. Sometimes, ghosts will share with you their symptoms of how they felt just before they died, as this one did.
2) GHOST IN THE GALLERY - One of the places we walked with the City Market in the northern area of historic Savannah. It's about 2 or 3 blocks south of the Savannah River. The Gallery sold paintings from local artists and is one of about 100 galleries around the historic district. It's a huge art town.
Tom and I went in and looked around. Then we went into the basement part of the gallery. I immediately got a headache and sensed a male presence down there. It was not happy. I believe he was one of the victims of the Yellow Fever epidemic that swept through the city in the late 1700s, where hundreds died and were buried around town. So many people are buried everywhere around the city that you're likely standing on someone's remains anyway wherever you go (a tourguide told us). Between the civil war and yellow fever deaths, countless people were buried all over, and some still alive at the time!
Anyway, I was very uneasy there and felt that the ghost was angry that he died (and likely was buried while still breathing). I told the ghost to move on, and look for a light in a funeral home, but couldn't gauge whether or not he listened. Regardless, the employees likely don't know about it. (BELOW: The Gallery at City Market)
3) A SWEET-TOOTHED GHOST at the Savannah Candy Kitchen, 225 E River St
Savannah, GA 31401. http://www.savannahcandy.com/One of the shops we enjoyed was this one- filled with lots of homemade and tasty candies. However, when I was at the back of the store (I'm unsure what it was originally), a ghost passed me and let me know that we were not alone there. I didn't stay in the store long enough to figure out if it was male or female or how that person died. I was really more interested in getting some candy, selfish as that was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy