Friday, February 27, 2009

Some Days... Airport Thievery and more

Some days you just know are going to be a challenge. Today is one of those days for a couple of people I know (me included).
1) Last night Tom came down with either a serious head and chest cold, or the flu. We hope it's a cold. He had a tough night of restless sleep, and stayed home sick today (which he RARELY does). He's got decongestants, tylenol and lots of tea and chicken soup there. Looks like no home renovations this weekend...that'll make him crazy!
2) Our foster dog, "Cooper" slept through the night (YAY!) except for getting up to wheeze (he has a heart mumur) at 1:40am. Getting him, Dolly and Franklin organized and out the door to day care took extra time, of course, but it worked!
3) Airport Thieves - Today is our friend Jeff's birthday, and he had to fly to a business meeting in SC. I called to wish him happy birthday and learned his cell was disconnected! - When I reached his partner, he told me Jeff's phone was STOLEN through airport security. I did reach Jeff on his company blackberry- and he told me that while he was being checked at security, someone pocketed his cell phone and obviously ran off with it. What is WRONG with people!??!? (Oh, yeah, Happy Birthday, Jeff- maybe the weekend will be better for you).
4) Dental Visit - one of my molars is being sensitive, and it has a big old filling in it- so I'm anticipating a root canal (everyone LOVES those! Not.).
5) Talkers - If you've ever been waiting somewhere and you just want to sit and think (like on a subway, plane or bus), or try to get work done and people call you and chat and chat - doesn't it drive you crazy? It's happened several times this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy