Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow, No Internet, Dunkin' Donuts, No. Carolina, Feet!


What does Snow, No Internet, Dunkin' Donuts, Feet and No. Carolina have in common? The last two days of our lives.
SNOW -Today, we received a dusting of snow from the backside of a low pressure system centered over New England - it fell from 6-9am, just in time for the commute, which was hell. I took the dogs to doggy day care, just 11 miles north of us, and there were no issues (from 6:30 to 7). Then accidents galore, shutting down lanes in main routes (BW Parkway -from Balt to DC, Route 50 from Annapolis to DC, Route 3 from Doggy Day care to work, and more) TONS of accidents in 1/4 to 1/2" of snow. My 25 minute drive to work from Doggy Day Care became 90 Minutes!! - So, I had to take an hour of vacation time (all in traffic).At least I got to enjoy the radio!
NO INTERNET - We couldn't blog yesterday because our Comcast modem blew out the night before, and it takes comcast 3 days to get someone over there. So much for working at home...
DUNKIN' DONUTS - My extra large coffee this morning was a perfect comfort in 1 1/2 hours of traffic, AND I just read about "THE TASTE OF HOMEMADE WAFFLES ON THE GO: DUNKIN' DONUTS INTRODUCES NEW WAFFLE BREAKFAST SANDWICH" - see www.dunkindonuts.com. Looks good.
NORTH CAROLINA - Tom flew to a jobsite in NC yesterday. It was a long day for both of us. The dogs and I dropped him off at BWI Airport at 5am, picked him up at 7:30pm... ate dinner driving back from the airport and crashed last night at 8:30pm. FEET - I went to the podiatrist and sure enough, my right foot has plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis) That's heel pain is caused by inflammation of the plantar fascia — the tissue along the bottom of your foot that connects your heel bone to your toes. It's worse in the morning because the fascia tightens (contracts) overnight. Once your foot limbers up, the pain of plantar fasciitis normally decreases, but it may return after long periods of standing or after getting up from a seated position. So, stretching exercises are now on the daily agenda. I'm glad my foot wasn't sweaty when the doc had to examine them. :)
Boy, as I get older and things keep "going out" this blog is gonna turn into a medical blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy