Saturday, October 13, 2018

Some Highlights from Utah - Salt Lake City: Friends and Food!

I (Rob) visited Salt Lake City, Utah over the weekend of Oct. 5-8 to speak at the Utah Paranormal
Expo. I talked about my two books on "Pets and the Afterlife" and it was well-received. I'll talk more about the conference in tomorrow's blog. In this blog, though, I just want to point out some other highlights- and those came in the form of friends old and new, and food. :)  Read on...

FRIENDS OLD AND NEW - I didn't know anyone in Salt Lake City, but I was fortunate enough to have the company of an old and a new friend. My long-time friend Kevin V. lives in Wyoming and we talked about my trip for months. So, he flew from Wyoming to Salt Lake City and we got to enjoy each other's company for a driving tour (Thanks, Kevin) a great dinner, some Gelato as the sun set and fun.
   Kevin R. was someone I befriended and felt as if I have known him for years. It's the "old soul-previous life" connection kind of thing where you meet someone and instantly know them. Kevin R. is also a mountain climber and enjoys the sport locally.

GOOD  FOOD!-
Utah Mountains
1) DUNKIN' - Wherever I go I scout out a Dunkin' Donuts to get my favorite coffee (and great egg sandwiches). - For long time blog readers you know I found Dunkin's throughout our trip to Spain in May 2018.. So, I found that Salt Lake City has (Only) 2 Dunkin' Donuts and I went to one of them ALL 4 days I was there. Yes, it was about a 15 minute ride from my hotel (I was near the airport) but I didn't care.  I would up having those sandwiches for dinner 2 nights and breakfast- as the convention hours were 7am to 7pm!
More Utah Mountains surrounding SLC
typical view from highway
Dunkin Donuts! 1 of 2 in the city
2) HUB AND SPOKE DINER - Someone referred me to this diner and it was great. I enjoyed 2 great breakfasts there. They also have a good lunch and dinner menu. The inside of the restaurant is somewhat plain, but the service and food were excellent!    


MOUNTAINS EVERYWHERE! - Salt Lake City is in a valley, so it's surrounded by Mountains. It was a picturesque city because of that... and YES, there was SNOW on some of the mountains in early October.


Inside the Dunkin



NEXT:
Rob's Experience at the Utah Paranormal Expo 
Inside the Hub and Spoke Diner


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy