Thursday, October 11, 2018

Baltimore Comic-con Part 3: Rob and Star Wars and 2 Famous Artists!

Green Lantern (Rob) w/Dominc Grover's GL drawing
In this final blog about my adventures at the Baltimore Comic-Con this year, you'll meet 2 very talented artists named Dan Govar and Dominic Glover and see my run in with Star Wars!

GREEN LANTERN STOPPED BY DOMINIC! - Famous graphic designer AND comic book artist Dominic Glover stopped me as I was walking down an aisle where his booth was located. He showed me a huge finished drawing/painting of the Green Lantern corps, and asked if I would pose for a picture with it for his website (since I was dressed as Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern). Of course I said "yes!" I also got a copy of the print, too.
Dominic Glover
  Dominic is a Freelance Illustrator & Graphic Designer in Denver, Colorado that specializes in logo design, brand identity & Illustration.

His Website: http://www.dominicglover.com/



Dan Govar and Green Lantern (Rob)
The next artist I met was Dan Govar. Dan is an amazing artist and a good friend to our friend
Thaddeus. In fact, Thaddeus urged me to meet Dan.
ABOUT DAN GOVAR -  Creator/Illustrator of comics, concept art, games, storyboards, and covers. Clients include Marvel, DC, Sony, Dynamite, Take 2, Namco/Bandai, and a slew of independents.
Awards:  Flash Forward people's Choice award for Chi-Chian animation for SyFy;  Zuda Competition 2009 Winner; People's Guide - best Tolkien Site on the web - ThereAndBackAgain.net;  Entertainment Weekly - top rating for Tolkien Websites - ThereAndBackAgain.net
Dan's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DanielGovar/
Dan's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/saulone




Star Wars crew at the Comic-con
MEETING THE STAR WARS CREW - People always come to the Comic-Con as Star Wars characters and since Green Lantern is basically a "Galactic Space Cop" - who patrols Sector 3814 of the Galaxy to keep everyone safe from evil, it was appropriate to get a picture with the Star Wars crew!

Green Lantern (Rob) joins the Star Wars cast





Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy