Friday, August 10, 2018

Remembering Chris Pace: A Funny Long-time Friend Who Fought Cancer


Chris in the 80s when I met her
One of Chris' last photos
I (Rob) just learned about the passing of my old friend Chris (Christine) Pace. She passed this week after many years battling cancer and throughout she always kept her great sense of humor. I will always remember that and her love for Eddie Money songs. To this day, everytime I hear Eddie Money (an 80s rocker), I think of Chris. Her passing leaves such a hole in many lives, because she made every day a good day. Despite battling cancer and undergoing chemo for many , many years she always
laughed. She is a hero to me. She laughed in the face of cancer.

We sent her Cheryl's gourmet cookies several times and every now and then she would send me a funny note and say "We'er out of those delicious cookies, Just thought you'd want to know!"

Her friend Denise Browning left the following on her facebook page and I could not say it any better: "She was kind, sweet, and tough when she needed to be. Chris was a single mom that always put her children first. She had a heart of gold. And she was a fighter. She fought cancer harder then anyone I had ever seen fight. She lost that fight early this morning. We are all saddened with her passing but know that she is now at peace. She can rest knowing she gave it everything she had while still raising 2 amazing children. I pray for Kiersten and B-man to give them strength and love. Rest peacefully my friend."

Chris grew up in Weymouth, Mass. I met her adn worked with her 30 years ago when we both worked part time in a record and tape store called Musicland in the South Shore Plaza in Braintree, MA. She was always smiling, joking and making me laugh.
She kept that great personality through her entire life.

She worked for Putnam Investments after that and later moved to Ocala, Florida and worked at Publix. She made friends wherever she went and she is so well loved. I'm grateful I had her friendship and her smile will always be with me.

There is a fundraiser for her children, if you would like to help: https://www.gofundme.com/celebration-of-life-for-chris-pace


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy