Sunday, July 22, 2018

A Personal Encounter with The Idiot of the Week!

This weekend I (Rob) have the pleasure of talking about my own experience with the "Idiot of the Week." On Tuesday, I got an MRI on my shoulder to figure out exactly what is happening with it and why it keeps giving me pain (especially at night). - I wrote an earlier blog about it, thinking it was a Deltoid muscle sprain, but it may be something else. Anyway, the Idiot of the Week is another MRI patient who doesn't READ directions.

THE DIRECTIONS GIVEN BEFOREHAND -Before an MRI exam, people are asked to remove all metal things that might affect the magnetic imaging like rings, earrings, necklaces, watches, hairpins, etc. The instructions SAY that if you wear metal it can burn your skin. They are also typically asked to change into a gown. But it repeats in bold text "Do Not Wear Metal."

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED - After my shoulder MRI, I was led out to the one dressing room so I could ditch the open-backed gown and get back into my shorts and tee shirt. However, a woman was using the room so I sat and waited for her to change into her gown for her MRI. I waited. And Waited. And Waited. About 5-7 minutes later she emerged, wearing Triple metal hoop earrings on each ear, a metallic necklace and rings on about 4 different fingers, and a watch. Uh-Huh. Yeah.
   SO, the tech told her AGAIN, you need to remove all the metal, that includes earrings, watch, necklace, and rings, because they will burn your skin in the MRI. (DUH!!!!)
   Finally, she took the 5 pounds of Jewelry off and I was able to get changed and exit.

She wins... IDIOT OF THE WEEK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy