Sunday, January 22, 2017

Great collection of short Supernatural Comics: DC's House of Mystery Vol. 1

Having been a big fan of comics since the 1970s, I (Rob) had always read superhero comics.  However, since I developed my abilities as a medium, I've been buying collections of comics about supernatural stories including ghosts.
   One great collection is from DC Showcase called "The House of Mystery" volume 1. It reprints the comic book of the same name in 500 plus pages from 1968 to 1971. They're in black and white (which made the book more affordable at $16.99).
  The stories include ghosts, witches, voodoo, gargoyles that come to life, monsters in the closet, haunted houses and other weird things. All very creative, illustrated short stories.
  Many of the original covers were done by Neal Adams, who is one of my favorite illustrators in the comics industry (he does an amazing Batman).
  The book isn't in print anymore, sadly, but you can find used copies. This is one I'll read again and again.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy