Monday, November 16, 2015

Smile of the Day: My Funny Comic Book Store Experience!

Wednesdays are new comics days. So, every Wednesday, Tom and I put our three canine kids in the truck and we drive to the comic book store. First, however, we stop and get our Dunkin' Donut breakfast sandwiches, coffee and tea for dinner (yes, we're light eaters). Last week, I bought a new comic: Hercules- and it led to a funny exchange!

I'm not a Marvel Comics reader, but have always loved characters from mythology, especially Hercules. So, when Hercules #1 came out last week I bought it.

Here's the "Smile of the Day" part: My interaction with the clerk at Third Eye Comics:

Jake, the young guy at the cash register said "Trying this one out?" 

I replied, "Look, if there's a comic book cover with a shirtless, musclebound, hairy-chested man, I don't care what it's about - any gay gay would buy it - so, I'm buying it!" 

He laughed.  

Regardless, the new take on the character, and the great artwork of this hunky superhero made it a great read. I'll be reading this series for sure. - Rob

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy