Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Smile of the Week: Another funny comics store experience: "the Box"

As I mentioned last week, Wednesdays are new comic days. So, every Wednesday, Tom and I put our
Comics box
three canine kids in the truck and we drive to the comic book store (after a Dunkin' Donut sandwich dinner).  

   At comics stores, you can have subscription box, where the new comics that you collect are placed inside on a weekly basis. As soon as a known customer enters the shop, one of the employees says hello and goes to the back of the store to get the customer's comics out of their subscription box. 
  Last week, a young bearded employee named Jake saw me come in and said really loudly "Hi Rob, I'll grab your box!"  
   I looked over at Torma, one of the other employees,  and said, "Well, Jake can grab my box any time!" - as raised my eyebrows.  I'm out to everyone in the shop and of course, no one cares. Torma got the message and laughed out loud. It's always fun to go to a store where you know the employees and can joke around.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy