Monday, January 13, 2014

Rob's Mom: Part 8: An Important Musical Sign from My Mom

This is the last blog about the events surrounding my mom's passing. This blog shows how people who lay comatose in hospitals can provide messages to their loved ones outside the hospital and over long distances. The next and final 3 blogs are not about that week, but are all funny stories about mom.

On December 22, 2013, my mother had a massive stroke and was rushed to the hospital. She was transferred to a major hospital in Boston where she lay comatose for 7 days. The prognosis was very bad, and I was told that it was just a matter of time before she passed.
My mom loved to laugh
   While she lay incapicitated, she managed to send a musical sign to me and  Tom.  It came on December 24th, while we were having Chinese food, as is the tradition in my family on Christmas Eve.
   One thing I've learned through my ability to communicate with people who have passed is that when someone still living lies in a comatose state, they have the ability to leave their bodies and communicate with people anywhere in the world.  That's exactly what happened in this instance.
    During dinner, we were listening to Christmas music being pumped in over the intercom. Within 30 minutes, we heard my mom's favorite song, "Ave Maria" twice! 
     What's even more weird is that after listening to Christmas music since mid-November every day, we had never heard that song played this season.
  We both instantly knew that it was my mom, telling me that it was her time to go, and asking us to get up to Boston before she did. My mother passed away on December 29, 2013.

NEXT: Part 9: Another Funny Story About Mom and Phones

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy