Sunday, January 19, 2014

Leslie Gore Was on the 1966 TV Series "BATMAN" and another surprise

I (Rob) love the 1966-1968 BATMAN TV series. I love watching the old episodes and look up stuff about each one after watching. I was totally surprised to find out that in the episode called "That Darn Catwoman," famous "It's My Party (and I'll Cry if I Want to)" singer, Leslie Gore was Catwoman's assistant!!  That wasn't the ONLY surprise I learned about Leslie Gore. Read on.
Leslie Gore from the 1967 performance in Batman

Gore performed on two consecutive episodes of the Batman TV series (January 19 and 25 1967), in which she guest-starred as Pussycat, one of Catwoman's minions. In the January 19 episode "That Darn Catwoman" she lip-synched to the Bob Crewe-produced "California Nights", and in the January 25 episode "Scat! Darn Catwoman" to "Maybe Now".[5] "California Nights", which Gore recorded for her 1967 hit album of the same name, returned her to the upper reaches of the Hot 100.

LATER IN HER CAREER- Later in her career, she composed songs for the soundtrack to the movie "Fame" in 1980. Among other things, in 2009, "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows" was featured in the film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

A BIG SURPRISE - Beginning in 2004, Gore hosted the PBS television series In the Life, which focused on LGBT issues.[9] She stated in a 2005 interview that she was a lesbian. At the time of the interview, Gore had been living with her partner for more than 23 years! Wow.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy