Sunday, January 12, 2014

Rob's Mom: Part 7: Funny Story we Heard at the Services

There were some funny things we heard about during my mom's services, and this story is one of them. While we were in the receiving line at the wake, a guy in his 40s came up to us and told us that he worked in my mom's house and remembers one incident fondly.
   He's an electrician, and he said that back when my dad was living (before Aug. 2008), Mom and Dad asked him to install a light in their corner kitchen cabinet (that had a gl
ass window in it to display the cups and dishes she had in there).
  So, he told us that he had to go up to the attic, and my dad went with him. Meanwhile, he said my mother was standing in the kitchen near the cabinet with a broom. She was tapping the ceiling near the cabinet so the electrician could find the spot to drill for the wires.
   He said that when he went up in the attic he found it quickly and marked the spot, and mom kept tapping the ceiling. She hollered from the kitchen that her arm was getting tired and wondered if she should keep going.The electrician said he looked at my dad to respond, and my dad smiled and yelled back, "Keep going! Keep going! We'll tell you when to stop!"  He said he and my dad had a good laugh in the attic as they continued to hear the broom handle hit the ceiling for awhile! :)
 
NEXT: Rob's Mom: Part 8: An Important Musical Sign from My Mom 


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy