Friday, January 17, 2014

I Had a Dream of Mom! What does it mean?

When I awoke on Thursday, January 16th, I remembered that I dreamt of my mother. She was in her kitchen, looking decades younger and all dressed up. Almost like this picture I took in 2005, but mom appeared about 20 years younger (in her 50s). She said that I need to "put this on your key tag" - and handed me something off her house and car keys. I'm not sure what the object was - perhaps a tag, or a key. Whatever it was, she wanted me to carry something of hers with me. I think that that was the message.

My mom in her kitchen, similar to how I saw her in the dream
WHAT DOES A SPIRIT IN A DREAM MEAN?  Spirits come into our dreams usually when they can't convey a message to us in other ways. They come to us to show us that they're okay on the other side. Usually it's a peaceful setting. Tom dreamt of someone who passed walking through a meadow with him - that's a common scenario.
   What's interesting is that after my dad passed he never came to me in a dream. Likely because he was so active in my waking moments. He played with electricity, gave me messages I could understand, I heard him, sensed him and even saw him. With my mom, I heard her a couple of times, and she gave me the musical sign. This was a really great confirmation.

CONDOLENCES - My friend Carol lost her mom (and grandmother to her grown children Katrina, Andrew and Brian)  the same day I had the dream.I offer my deepest sympathies to them at their time of loss. It's important to keep their memories alive, though, and talk about fun things you remember.
   As I told Carol and her adult kids, if you have lost a loved one, please keep this in mind: Remember, this is just a transition for them into spirit. It's those who are here that struggle with not having her here physically, but we have to remember that the person in spirit can now hear you (without a telephone) and can watch over and protect you. That spirit will be around you. It should be a comfort to know that when someone passes, their loved ones are by their side, as my dad appeared at my mother's bedside before she passed.  

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy