Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Look at the Last Year (on my bday)

with Hil and Richard
Our 4 kids (Sprite RIP 7-8-13)
Rob here- Maybe it's my optimism, eating light, getting lots of dog walking exercising, or just a lot of coffee... but at 51 I still feel like I'm in my 30s and have been doing a lot  this year. I love my job, weather, working with dog rescues (Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue and DC Weimaraner Rescue), taking great trips (like England), reading comic books, dressing up like the superhero Green Lantern at the Baltimore Comic-Con, spending time in the backyard with Tom and the dogs, investigating and helping rid houses of hauntings, spending time with family and friends and helping others.
At Jake's graduation

Family time!
 Several friends on Inspired Ghost Tracking group have become like family to us and investigating is always an adventure. I will say that we've met a lot of families dealing with hauntings and helped them out.


Met the Beekman Boys!

 I was fortunate to meet Beth Kaufman this year at a book fair, and became her volunteer editor on her first book that I assisted her in getting published called: "Make Mine a Double Mastectomy that is!" Knowing Beth has been a gift to both Tom and I and she makes us laugh a lot! We were fortunate to meet and befriend Isabella and Darby after meeting Isabella in Sept. 2012 at the Baltimore Book Festival. She's an amazing Adult Fantasy author of the "Bound" trilogy and "Legion" series.
Rob as Green Lantern at ComicCon
Dog rescue Huck to Jon and Erin!
At Baltimore Book Festival
 We have GREAT neighbors who are also friends. You get what you put out, though. We enjoy talking with everyone and getting to know each other. That's a lost art in many neighborhoods. 
Made the cover of a local mag
This year we've had a couple of neighborhood dinner gatherings and a lot of fun.
  - From our UK Travels, we've befriended Anne Marie at ATPvacations (great agent!), Paul and Sonja Fogg who have great B&B we've stayed at twice, and recently met James, who is a pilot at 19! 
Tom and I in the UK

Tom and a rescue dog
fun with friends Darb and Isabella
Our friend Beth and her book!
Gardening in the backyard
I've done a LOT of book-related appearances and Internet radio interviews (on ghosts and spirits), and appeared on the front of the city's first issue of the local magazine. I've also been able to pass along several messages from loved ones who passed (including dogs and cats) that have helped comfort people - things that I couldn't possibly know about. I love opening for my friend Barb Mallon's medium sessions, too. She's fun and amazing. I assisted my friend and medium Ruthie Larkin a little with her website and am amazed by her abilities.

Said goodbye to Sprite
Inspired Ghost Tracking Team
This year we've also said goodbye to our senior dog, Sprite, but he came back with amazing messages to 3 different mediums who all said the same thing (and don't know each other). We also adopted little Tyler the black and tan dachshund who makes us laugh and is super whacky.


In short, life is what you make it. Despite the health issues that may get in the way, and we all have some, especially over 50, try to look past them and enjoy life and laugh every day.  I hope you've enjoyed some of the pictures from the last year.  TO EVERYONE: if you're in  my life, you are a gift to me!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy