Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fun with Yoga!

a monkey posing. :)
Our friend Amber is a certified yoga teacher and we attend the classes she teaches on Tuesday nights. It's a really great thing to learn, and Tom and I really enjoy the class, learn how to relax and listen for whatever is going to "pop" whenever we do yoga.

MONKEYING WITH MONKEY POSE -   Last week, we were doing the "Monkey Pose," and Tom looked over at me and said "eee-eee-eee" like a Monkey, causing me to burst out laughing!

 SHAVASANA OR "CORPSE" POSE -  Earlier this week I received my copy of AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) magazine. As I was flipping through it there was a section on yoga!  In the short article there were three poses mentioned. One of them struck me as both funny and inappropriate for retiree magazine. It was called the "corpse pose!"
Corpse Pose
   I guess they put that in there to get people trained for what was to come. :)  There are a lot of other poses they could've cited, but I guess someone at AARP magazine has a twisted, but funny sense of humor!
  To do the "corpse pose" you lay on your back like a dead man, eyes closed with your hands at your sides or on your chest. Breathe normally, and let your worries dissipate as you exhale. If you have been playing relaxing music, listen and let go. This rest position can last from 3 to 11 minutes.


This is one pose we can't do!
We want these guys to come to class!
   BTW- The word for "corpse pose" is "Shavasana." The name comes from the Sanskrit words Shava  meaning "corpse."

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy