Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Celebrate the Book Festival: Part 1: A Long Adventurous Day!

Rob and Jane with the ghost in the middle
Me and the "I'm with Ghost" ghost
On October 19, I gave a talk and did book signings at the "Celebrate the Book Festival" in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.  I learned about the festival from my new friend Jane Wakely, a paranormal romance writer that I met earlier this year at the Frederick Book Festival.
  Jane and I applied to the book festival and got a table side-by-side again (as we wound up at the previous book festival, which is how we met). She has such a great sense of humor, and I admired all the post cards of her e-book romance novels (because they were filled with hot, muscular guys).
Jane selling her paranormal romances!
Jill (author of historical romances) and Jane
  Although the book festival wasn't too busy (I sold just 5 books, sadly, which didn't pay a fraction of the cost it took to get there and register), it was a good time. I didn't get any messages during the event, but I did before I got there. 

You'll read about that really cool mother's message tomorrow.

The Vampire Package I won
  It took about 3 hours to get there and 2 1/2 hours to drive back, so it made for a very long day. 
I did put in for a couple of raffles and won a "Vampire" basket which contained the novels "Dracula" and Anne Rice's
Hello Pennsylvania!
Rob and Jill side-by-side
Rob's booth at the book fair
    Vampire novel "Interview with a Vampire," as well as (blood-red) red wine, which I knew Tom would appreciate. - I was thinking of our friend Isabella when I put in tickets for that raffle, too, because she writes great novels about vampires (and other supernatural entities) in adult fiction novels. 
   Here are some pictures from the event.

Passed by Gettysburg on the way home


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy