Thursday, August 9, 2012

ENGLAND TRIP: Day 7: Part 4: Thornbury Castle Our Bedroom Ghost - Revealed!

When we last left off, we had departed our room called "The Bedford" and captured an orb (the most simple form a ghost can assume) right outside of the door. We walked into town and went to dinner and returned. Tom said he felt nauseous in the room, and my headache returned. Tom smells what he says is like "a rotting corpse" whenever a ghost is present. I get a headache in the back left side of my head, because the energy that the ghost is made up of adds to the energy in my thoughts (little electrical charges) and give me an "overload."
MESSAGES VIA WATER HELP SOLVE THE MYSTERY - Water is one type of energy that ghosts use to gain energy. Moving water contains a lot of energy, and often, ghosts or spirits will get energy from the shower, because the water is moving. Today was no different, and this time it was the ghost that haunted our room that used that water energy to give me a message.
  I took a shower and heard the name "Rupert." That was the ghost telling me his name. Then he said "Wittenham." I found it on the Internet as I'm writing this!  "Little Wittenham is a village and civil parish on the south bank of the River Thames, northeast of Didcot in South Oxfordshire.  It appears to be a little borough, south of Oxford!  We didn't go that route on the way from Blenheim Palace, as we drove down the M5 Highway, and because it isn't a city, but a tiny borough, its not on maps. - SO, there must be a connection between Rupert and Little Wittenham. - That's a mystery for another time.
*HISTORIC NOTE THAT MAY SOLVE THE MYSTERY: In a book called "Letter Books 1644-1645: there's a chapter that says "It is reported that Prince Rupert is marching with all his forces towards Oxford, and that Lord Digby is made Chief ... He was carried prisoner from Reading on Saturday morning with the King's forces to Little Wittenham..."
 (http://books.google.com/books?id=D9PUAAAAMAAJ&q=Little+Wittenham+prince+Rupert&dq=Little+Wittenham+prince+Rupert&source=bl&ots=EC1sa5E2FP&sig=2Hx0eMczVqKyY4d_xgCv5kvbWns&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Oy0bUN2LI8620AGboIDoBw&ved=0CFMQ6AEwBg)
THE GHOST RETURNS - 
  By 10 p.m. we sat down and watched Television to unwind. Tom got up and stood near the window at the door to the outside stairway. I got up and asked "Do you feel something?" He said that he got nauseous at the door. As I walked over to the door, my headache began pounding. Our ghost was back- and I now knew his name is Rupert! At the door, Tom said, "Someone was slain here." I told him it was a man, and he agreed. I wondered if it was Rupert or if Rupert had slain someone there. I believe Rupert was the victim.
ASKING FOR A QUIET NIGHT - So, what do you do when you have a ghost living in your hotel room that was slain there? You ask him nicely to be quiet so you can get a good night's sleep, and that's what I did. I was courteous about it. I asked Rupert to go downstairs while we were sleeping. I specifically TOLD Rupert to let us sleep and "please don't wake us until dawn." That was stupid, because dawn was 5:30 a.m. but I'll get to that. We made sure the door and the 2 windows were latched and went to bed.
     It was a very restless night. It wasn't because of Rupert, but for some reason, the bed felt as if there was a wooden beam  in the middle of it, and that it was filled with hay!  - I know that's not true, but that's how we both felt when we awoke after an hour. I have a feeling that the ghost may have been sharing his experience of the bed he had when he was alive... because a luxury hotel wouldn't have a bed made of hay and wooden boards (and our travel agent called later and confirmed it was soft mattress).

HERE'S THE VIDEO WE MADE WHEN WE SAW THE ORB: 
  RUPERT'S MORNING ENTRANCE - At 5:30 a.m., just as the sun was peaking over the eastern horizon, suddenly the left side window flew open and slammed against the stone wall waking us out of a sound sleep!  I knew that I latched that window closed the night before, and there was NO WIND anywhere! I then got my ghostly headache and knew that Rupert's ghost had thrown open the window "at dawn" as I mentioned the night before. Well, at least he listened.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy