Sunday, August 5, 2012

ENGLAND TRIP: Day 7: Part 1: Thornbury Castle Interior/Child's Ghostly Experience

Upstairs Lounge
One side of the castle had towers and bedrooms (that was the side that our room was located on), while the other side contained two floors, dining rooms, and the reception desk. Upstairs was a lounge.  We've also included a short video look at the lounge.
  Henry VIII and Queen Anne Boleyn stayed at Thornbury Castle at one time. Henry VIII stayed in the upstairs bedchamber that once belonged to the Duke of Buckingham. Queen Anne stayed in the first floor bedchamber directly below, which is now the dining room where we had breakfast (waffles and tea!).
Downstairs banquet hall


Upstairs hallway
A CHILD'S GHOSTLY EXPERIENCE - Tom was exploring one part of the castle, while I (Rob) went to the lounge area to use the computer. A woman was using the computer so I sat and talked with her husband and learned they were from Houston, Texas. We talked about hurricanes, and of course, being in an ancient castle, the subject of ghosts came up (I brought it up, of course). I told them I have the ability to sense ghosts. That's when the man and his wife brought up their son. They explained that their five year old son claimed he saw and spoke with the spirit of his grandfather and a ghostly little girl. I explained  to them the often children see ghosts and spirits because they haven't yet developed their logical minds. Often, I've heard stories about children playing with ghostly children- and it's true.

NEXT: THE GHOSTLY EXPERIENCE IN THE HALLWAY
Upstairs lounge


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy