Wednesday, August 1, 2012

ENGLAND TRIP: Day 6: Part 6: Shakespeare's House and his Daughter's House/Ghosts

Tom and Rob at Shakespeare's House
SHAKESPEARE'S BIRTHPLACE HOUSE - We went through Shakespeare's house -   The house was still standing somehow, despite its age (it was built in 1470). It was an amazing walk through- and there were no ghosts.  According to the website for the Birthplace "William Shakespeare grew up here and he played here. He ate meals in the hall and he slept and dreamed in these rooms. Shakespeare also spent the first five years of married life in this house with his new wife, Anne Hathaway. Well-known visitors have included Charles Dickens, John Keats, Walter Scott and Thomas Hardy."
  The garden in the backyard were amazing, and a true highlight.

VIDEO OF ACTORS AT SHAKESPEARE'S HOUSE:
  In the backyard court, actors from the Shakepeare Theatre who put on skits for visitors. We captured this short video of two actors doing "Taming of the Shrew."


Tom at Shakepeare's House




SHAKESPEARE'S DAUGHTER'S HOUSE - OUR GHOSTLY ENCOUNTER -
  Hall's Croft is the name of Shakespeare's daughter, Susanna's house. It's a great example of a half-timbered building from the 1600's.  Susanna lived there with her husband Dr John Hall, a reknown physician.
    GHOSTS- Both of us got light-headed on the first floor of this house. As I (Rob) entered, I got a searing headache, followed by chest pain, indicating a heart attack of someone that lived in the house. (Ghosts will share the pain of how they died to help identify them -I just have to tell them to cut it out!). When I got the pain, I got the name "John." That was before I found out the name of Shakespeare's son-in-law, which happened to be "John." As we walked through the house I learned that John Hall died at 60 years old in 1635 - and it was likely a heart attack.
Tom and Rob in the backyard of Shakespeare's Daughter's House
  Even Tom said "This is a really active place." We then walked out the back door and into the garden. That's where my headache stopped, but Tom said his head was still spinning.   As I sat in the backyard garden on a bench writing down this experience, the headache came back as if the ghost followed me outside. There was definitely more than one or two ghosts in that house, though. I felt that Susanna and her husband still lingered there. I think that Susanna enjoyed the garden, so that's where she stayed, while her husband John was in the house.
   When I asked the two employees about ghosts, neither reported anything paranormal and said they worked there for seven years.
  HOWEVER - According to Stratford Town Hall Walk's website, "There have been many ghostly sightings over the years, including the mysterious lady with red hair, and a flying spoon! (http://www.stratfordtownwalk.co.uk/index.php?id=59)"

 VIDEO REPORT OF THE GHOSTLY ENCOUNTERS - As you can see by this video I made from the garden at Shakespeare's Daughter's house- the ghosts were really making my head hurt. 

NEXT: Thornbury Castle - a real castle turned bed and breakfast, and our Haunted Room! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy