Saturday, July 9, 2011

Injury Update

Earlier this week I posted a blog about injuries that I and our Dachshund Franklin are dealing with.
FRANKLIN PAW - After another vet visit for Franklin this morning, his abscess/infection in the paw is not healing. So, we had to have it cultured and the next step is a surgical draining of it (which is next week's adventure after the culture comes back). - 
Actor Chris Evans didn't injure his ab
  - He was very good and patient while they were probing his paw and they thought he was the perfect dog. That is, until he came to the waiting area, and a woman brought in her Border Collie, and Franklin went nuts barking at it! :) Yup, that's our little "angel with horns."
WRIST SPRAIN/TORN? - As for my (Rob) wrist, I went to the doctor this week- wound up having Xrays because it may be a torn ligament. It's painful in one 1" area, and the back of the hand is weak, so I'm keeping it wrapped up.
ABS SPRAINED - Meanwhile, dull stomach pain was also checked out. Apparently, I've SPRAINED my lower ab muscles in my stomach from doing 150 leg lifts (I got carried away one morning) in addition to my daily 500 situps. Such is what happens when you're in your 40s and try to get healthy. You injure something. :) 
  - PHOTO: I thought I'd post a picture of Actor Chris Evans' abs - who plays Captain America in the upcoming movie. My abs are not quite as defined as his are, and he's a whole lot better to look at! : )
So, I'm being treated for that, too - in physical therapy. Oh, yeah, the tailbone pain is still there, but waning... still being treated for that "pain in the butt." Damn, it's tough to keep in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy