Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Not My Day...




Monday. That says it all. Today was definitely a Monday.
- Our 7 year old Dachshund, Franklin has been on antibiotics for 3 weeks now, and has had his paw treated, drained, etc. twice now at the vet because something either stung him or he got something in his paw that infected it.
 - I've been bathing his foot twice a day for about 2 weeks, giving him antibiotic, applying medicine on his paw and wrapping it in a clean (baby sized) sock daily. (I affix the sock with velcro around his leg, so he can't pull it off! - clever, eh?).
 - Today I had to take him BACK to the Vet at lunch to get blood drawn in prep for surgery. Yes, he has to have it surgically drained this week. ICK.
 - Once I returned home and pulled the truck into the driveway, I got the dogs out (Dolly came with Franklin and I, and Sprite stayed home).  I was getting Franklin out of the truck when the house and truck keys  slipped out of my pocket onto the seat and I didn't see them.
 - Then I hit the auto lock, thinking the keys were in my pocket.  When I closed the truck door, I saw them on the truck seat.  DAMN!!  Of course, it's 95F Outside and  the HEAT INDEX was near 100F. 
   So, I called Tom, and he came home from work in 20 minutes. Thankfully he works close to home now.
   Meanwhile, Franklin, Dolly and I sat in the sun porch with the ceiling fan going and I was able to set out a bowl of fresh water for them (we have a bowl in the backyard, and the outside faucet works, thankfully). Once in, I again cooled off the dogs with cool water and I took a shower because I was dripping wet from sweat. ICK. How do people work outside in this weather?
 
Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy