Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday Tasks / Recovery

(PHOTO: Tom raking the backyard this morning when it was still in the 40s outside-BRR!!)
Yesterday, I (Rob) was feeling poorly. Asthma was in overdrive and I was all congested in my chest, and really worn out. I left work at 2pm, picked up the dogs from daycare and drove home where I collapsed into a 2 hour deep sleep until Tom came home from work. Thanks to advice from our friend Lynn J. I loaded up on Mucinex, drank gallons of water, used the heating pad and vaporizer, my inhaler and ibuprofen and woke up this morning feeling much better.
Today, Saturday was filled with tasks to do, and I didn't want to be around anyone to spread something if I have it... so we canceled lunch with friends. After breakfast we dropped over Tom's parents' house and helped rearrange some furniture; then bought a lot of ornamental grasses at a nursery. We cleared the backyard of leaves (Tom raked, I just bagged them as not to aggravate the asthma) and got 8 bags full.
(PHOTO: The bags of leaves before we loaded them in our truck and took 'em to the dump)
After I made lunch, we drove to the dump and rid ourselves of the leaves. We worked in dry cleaners, prescription pick up (for me), a call to our friend Ben in the hospital, a dog walk, dog baths, removed the outside awning, put away the Halloween stuff, laundry, and Tom planted the vegetation we bought.
(PHOTO: Dolly and Franklin enjoyed wandering the yard while we were cleaning it up)
(PHOTO: The tall grasses we bought for the backyard)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy