Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rain, Walks, and Book Progress!


(PHOTO: Dolly and Franklin waiting for a walk before the rain came on Tuesday)
WALKING THE WALK - Tuesday before the rain arrived (from a combination of Tropical Storm Ida's remnants merged with a cold front) I (Rob) walked the dogs as usual at 6:30am. Tom's parents came over around 10:30am and used a carpet cleaner on our bedroom carpet (what a great treat!), then walked Dolly and Franklin for the second time. When I finally had lunch around 1:30pm and took a break from work, they walked again. By night time, the rains had moved in, so they opted not to walk.
(PHOTO BELOW: Dolly and Franklin get a 3rd walk of the day from Grandma and Grandpa - I took the picture through the screened over window of our new 2nd floor dormer)

Today, Wednesday, Veterans Day, the rain continued. Here's why: THE MID-ATLANTIC WILL REMAIN BETWEEN COASTAL LOW PRESSURE TO THE SOUTHEAST AND HIGH PRESSURE ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES AND THE
NORTHEAST. THIS WILL KEEP A MOIST EASTERLY TO NORTHEASTERLY FLOW ACROSS THE REGION FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS. Thaaaaaat's great (not). That's 5 days of rain and muddy paws! :(
VET ON VETERANS DAY - Being Veterans Day, my office was closed (Tom had to work), so I used the day to be productive. Franklin got all of his annual shots at the Vet today (and of course Dolly came, too). People who came into the Vet's waiting room when I was there with the dogs got a big kick out of the fact that Dolly decided she wanted to sit on the bench next to me, not on the floor. So, that's where she waited until it was time for Franklin's appointment.
BOOK NEWS! I really needed a day off to finish working on my book on ghosts and spirits, and I can proudly say I finished and formatted it, and sent it off to a self-publisher! Of course, this publisher said they don't publish "new age" books, so they may not accept it, but I've got others lined up. I'll know in 2 weeks, and I'm pretty excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy