Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Today is the day: I'm Done

I am DONE dealing with with Republicans, and ignorant, hateful "religious" people - I just heard that Mainers voted down the gay marriage law, 53-47 percent. If you're a Republican or a hateful "hyper-religious" person who thinks that people like my partner and I shouldn't marry an everyone shoudn't be entitled to the same rights, get out of my way today. I would love to take away THEIR rights.
Eventually, this country will wake up and realize all deserve the SAME rights. Gay people are cheated of state and federal benefits for not having that right. We can't leave each other pensions or social security. We can't make medical decisions for each other. Dammit- we're talking about caring for each other- this is about people, not politics!
If you're Republican or one of those hateful so called "Religious" people that think you're doing God's work by not allowing two consenting adults to make a legal commitment (outside of your church), then you are WRONG. Gay marriage is about a loving commitment. We got married in Connecticut because our state doesn't allow it. For us, its symbolic- and without the 1,100 benefits that straight married couples have.
Those hateful people need to realize that life is way too short to be nasty and hateful to others, such as denying gay people the right to marry. With my ability to talk with people who have died and crossed over, these "right-wingers" are going to have a serious awakening in the afterlife and realize their hateful ways. If they could all die for a couple of minutes and come back to Earth, they'd gain the insight about TRUE love and what God is really about, and they'd all do a 180 degree turn. That's unfortunately not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy