Sunday, November 22, 2009

In Case You Were Curious- Text from one of our Reception Readings


(PHOTO: Jeff F. reads the "Embraced by the Light" book reading at our summer reception)
I was going through some of our wedding reception stuff, and came across the words to one of the readings that we chose for our reception back in September. The words are really powerful, so I thought I'd share it with you, in case you know anyone else getting married that may want to use it. - Rob
A passage from the book "Embraced by the Light" by Betty Eadie
Above all, I was shown that love is supreme.
I saw that truly without love we are nothing.
We are here to help each other, to care for each other, to understand, forgive, and serve one another.
We are here to have love for every person on Earth.
We cannot measure these things.
Only God knows the heart of man, and only God can judge perfectly.
He knows our spirits; we see only temporary strengths and weaknesses.
Anything we do to show love is worthwhile: a smile, a word of encouragement, a small act of sacrifice.
We grow by these actions.
We are filled with joy as we see the bonds we create with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy