Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! Today we give thanks for family and friends, blessings and life's simple pleasures. No matter what you're facing in life, there's always something to be thankful for. We know several friends who are going through financial hard times, job loss, or recent break-ups. Despite hard times, its important to look at what we do have. Tom and I have both been through very hard times including all of those things. I remember eating tuna and ramen noodles for 2 YEARS while going back to school for my meteorology degree, and making $4.25/hr. at a Tennessee radio station (that barely covered the gas to get there).
Today, we give thanks for all of you, our families, friends, and people we meet that make life interesting. We're having dinner here at home today (but I got smart and ordered a pre-cooked turkey from a local supermarket, cutting prep time by 75%!). Wherever you are, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy