Sunday, November 8, 2009

Recognizing Dad's Birthday


Today would have been my Dad's 81st birthday.
Dad passed in August 2008, and its difficult for me to believe that, because I've been able to communicate with him since he passed. He's given lots of signs to both my mother and me, and has helped me find missing things that I've misplaced and Mom has misplaced, by telling me where they were. Having the ability to communicate with those who have passed makes it easier, although I miss giving Dad a hug and a kiss on the cheek hello and goodbye. I miss talking to Dad on the phone, even though he used to quickly hand the phone to my mother (Dad hated talking on the phone). I really miss Dad's letters, as he used to write once every 2 weeks. I saved all of those letters and treasure them.
Dad gave my 2 brothers and I a great childhood, and provided a good, safe home. We always had 2 things that remain my favorite today: Pop Tarts and comic books. :) I could go on and on.
Today, to honor my dad, I want to do something I would've done for him, buy a book by one of his favorite authors and read it for him. Happy Birthday, Dad. Love, Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy