Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Tom - Love of my life!


Today is Tom's birthday. To celebrate, I went to the extreme. I decided to take Tom on a mystery trip that I've been planning since August. Luckily, I had some help from my friend Lynn J., aka Lois Lane. She knew all about where we were going, and she's one of a few I told. I took Tom on a 2 night, 3 day getaway to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida!
He didn't know where we were going, only that we were staying over night (so the dogs went in overnight doggie daycare). He found out when we were near the airport and I gave him a birthday card with Disney luggage tags (I had secretly packed shorts for him before we left). We departed for Orlando at 7am, arrived at 9am, and took the Disney Express bus to our hotel, where we changed into shorts and ran to a bus for Disney's Hollywood studios (formerly MGM).

Once there, we met my old friend John N. who works for Disney. Coincidentally, our good friend Jeff from Virginia was there to help our other Disney friend, Tobie, move into his new house- so they met us, too. I only contacted John, and 2 other friends who work at Disney, because there was so much to see, and no time for stuff outside, even though I have several friends in the Orlando area. I couldn't manage to get everyone in in 2 days and celebrate Tom's birthday by going through 2 entire parks, as much as I would have liked to see everyone. Anyway, we ate lunch at the Sci Fi Diner, and then went on the Rockin' Rollercoaster. Outside of it we stopped for a picture with Jeff, Tom, Rob and John after the rollercoaster that makes the skin on your face flap!
OH! - The park employee put my camera on VIDEO by mistake, and shot video of us, while trying to take the photo. It's funny. Here it is:


Tom's favorite ride was the Twilight Zone's TOWER OF TERROR. In an "elevator" that holds about 24 people, you plunge down the dark freight elevator shaft of the once glamorous Hollywood Tower Hotel in The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Its phantom elevator is located beyond the fifth dimension, the one that crosses over into The Twilight Zone. Here's a couple of pictures in the lobby with Tom and Jeff, and Rob and Tom.




On the backlot of the Hollywood studios are real-looking backdrops. Here's Tom standing in front of a painted mural of a San Francisco street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy