Wednesday, October 2, 2019

AZ Trip #13: Bird Cage Theatre Ghost Tour: Ghostly Lobby Woman

Lobby balcony where the ghostly woman was seen
Dan and I took the ghost tour at the famous Bird Cage Theatre in Tombstone, Arizona. It didn't take long before I sensed my first ghost though. It happened as soon as I stepped through the front door and into the lobby. Here's the story:

THEATRE, GAMBLING, PROSTITUTES - There were several ways people entertained themselves during the 1880s while miners were searching for Silver in the hills outside of Tombstone. Theatre was one of the main places for entertainment, as were saloons. There were also gambling halls and prostitutes. 
   The Bird Cage seemed to have all of those things. As you walked into the lobby, there was a bar on the left side. On the wall opposite the bar hung the 9 foot tall painting of Fatima, the belly dancer and performer who worked at the theatre. Gambling took place in the basement, where you'll learn about the longest poker game in history. Prostitutes had "rooms" in the basement and also used the theatre boxes to "perform." 


Stairs on right side of Balcony, where ghost was also seen.
THE GHOSTLY WOMAN - As I walked into the lobby of the Bird Cage I looked up. I sensed there was a woman walking back and forth on the balcony that overlooked the lobby. She would not tell me her name. She did tell me that she paces back and forth along that balcony.  
CONFIRMATION -  About 10 minutes after I sensed the ghostly woman, the ghost tour began. The first thing that the tour leader said was that there was a ghostly woman seen walking back and forth on the balcony, usually when the Bird Cage was closed for the evening. She said that several people who were in the saloon across the street would see the woman after the Bird Cage was closed. 
   The ghost has also been seen on the stairway leading from the Balcony to the lobby on the first floor. At the bottom of the stairs hangs the giant painting of Fatima. 
  Apparently, this ghost is a former prostitute who worked at the Bird Cage, and she never left. Today, she's still looking for customers. 

NEXT: Shot in the Throat




Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy