Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Visit to Capitol Theatre - Ghost #2 The Stocky Man

My sketch of the male ghost I encountered
Yesterday I told you about my Sept 27-28, participation in the Spirits Through Time Paranormal Fair, in Chambersburg, PA where I spoke about 2 of my books, "Pets and the Afterlife" and signed books. I introduced you to a female ghost I encountered in the last blog. Today, you'll meet the male ghost I ran into in the 1920's Capitol Theatre during a paranormal investigation.

THE MALE GHOST - As I entered the 800 seat theatre, I immediately felt foggy headed. I sensed that there was a male ghost there. I immediately saw a man in his late 40s/early 50s. He said he was an actor, but he didn't seem like he was being honest... I think he wanted to be an actor. He was stocky and bearded. He said he "performed" here. I think he meant that he was working here (he loved theatre and film). 

SKETCHING HIM  - Whenever I go on paranormal investigations, sometimes ghosts will show me what they look like, in my mind. In the case of this ghost, he did show me! So, I took out my sketch book and put together a quick sketch. 

The 800 seat theatre
 SHARING PAIN -    Sometimes ghosts will convey pain they experienced to help prove their identity. This ghost made me feel a sharp pain in my heart and told me that he died of a heart attack. He also suddenly made me feel pain in my right leg and said that he had fallen off the stage once when he was walking across it.
 A NAME - The male ghost didn't tell me his name but he did say the name "Leslie." 
outside the Capitol Theatre
I know that can be both a man's or woman's name, but I didn't get the sense it was his name. It could be his wife, girlfriend, mother, or some other female or a male he knew in life. Why he conveyed that name is a mystery I couldn't solve.  


WHERE HE GREW UP -  Other things he mentioned was that he was originally from Carlisle, Pennsylvania. I looked it up on a map when I returned home and learned that Carlisle is west of Harrisburg, and only about 33 miles from Chambersburg, so that would be feasible for someone to find work in a theatre that distance away from where they grew up. What's interesting here is that I don't know anything about the geography of Pennsylvania and I had no idea where Carlisle was located in terms of Chambersburg. 

Inside the front doors of the Capitol Theatre (my table was to the left)

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy