Friday, August 30, 2024

Enjoyable Dog Mystery: Smoky Mountain Tracks: A Raine Stockton Dog Mystery

 I love mystery books, and our local library was having an on-line sale for books they wanted to move from the shelves, so I looked for mysteries. The combination of dogs and mysteries is a no-brainer for me, because they are 2 of my favorite things in life. So, I picked up and enjoyed "Smoky Mountain Tracks: A Raine Stockton Dog Mystery," by Donna Ball. 

It's about a part-time USDA Forest Service employee who has a dog kennel on the side and trains dogs to track for missing people.  I really enjoyed the book and the characters and look forward to reading another. 

I went looking for the rest of the series online, and what I found troubled me. It appears that once the author became famous with this series, her publisher more than doubled the price of her books from $6.99 to $17.00! That's crazy. As an author of 11 books myself, I can understand upping the price to $10 for a paperback, but not almost tripling the cost of the books, especially with all the mysteries available. I'm disappointed at the cost, so I won't be buying any others. But if you can find a used copy, get one and read it. You'll like it. 

ABOUT THE STORY: This first title in an all-new mystery series introduces North Carolina dog trainer Roane Stockton. Once a search-and-rescue volunteer with her dog, Cisco, Roane stopped after a tragic loss. Now, she reluctantly returns to help find a kidnapped woman taken deep into the wilderness. Original. This description may be from another edition of this product.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy