Tuesday, August 27, 2024

A Fun Trade Paperback: Two-Gun Kid Vol 2 B&W Readers Edition!

 I've always been fascinated by the U.S. Old West, and even wrote a book about my experiences in Tombstone, Arizona, called "Ghosts of the Bird Cage Theatre on  a Medium's Vacation." In it, I also revealed I had a past life experience from that town, so no surprise I like westerns. Put that theme together with Comic books and I'm sold. Today's blog will give you my review of this cool book! 

Recently I learned that a publisher called Gwandanaland Comics reprinted Timely Comics (now owned by Marvel Comics)Two-Gun Kid comics from Issues 6-10 in black and white (paperback). Apparently, Marvel Comics forgot to go back and trademark it, so these issues went into the Public Domain, and this publisher found out.

Two-Gun Kid: Volume 2 B&Q Readers Collection was really enjoyable.  5 of 5 stars!

WHO IS TWO-GUN KID? The Two-Gun Kid is the name of two Western fictional characters appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The first, Clay Harder, was introduced in a 1948 comic from Marvel predecessor Timely Comics.


In addition to the lead character there were also a couple of others including Rawhide Kid, and Blaze Carson.  This 214 page trade paperback also reprints the pages of Advertisements from the late 1940s, which are cool in themselves to look at!! In various issues of Two-Gun kid in the 1940s there were also 2 paged typed stories of westerns, which are also enjoyable. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy