Wednesday, August 21, 2024

A Good Kids Book: "Ghost Pets" by Steve Burt

 Last month we visited a "craft fair" in southeastern Maine and I came across a local author selling his series of books for kids (ages 6-10). One of his books was called "Ghost Pets" in his  "Recipes for Adventure" series, so I bought it.  

As a Pet Medium, myself, who communicates with pets who have passed, I was intrigued!    The characters were fun and the story made you want to read more to unravel the mystery.   As a medium, I would instead refer to the "ghost" pets as "spirits," because they crossed over and came back to earth to help with their pet parent (ghosts are earthbound).

    I really enjoyed this book! The characters of Chuck, Emma and Angela each stood out with their own fun personalities, and I loved the mystery! If you have kids and they are intrigued by ghosts or pets, this is a great book for them! We have neighbors with kids that age, and I know they'll enjoy it.

The characters were fun and the story made you want to read more to unravel the mystery. Although as a medium, I would call the "ghost pets" spirits, because they crossed over and came back to earth to help with their pet parent, I really enjoyed this book! Chuck, Emma and Angela each stood out with their own fun personalities, and I loved the mystery! If you have kids and they are intrigued by ghosts or pets, this is a great book for them! 


ABOUT THE BOOK: Book #3 in Steve Burt's Recipe for Adventure series of chapter books for 6-10 year-olds. GHOST PETS

Can Dead Pets Reappear as Ghosts?Why would they?What would the need to communicate and to whom?
And why to kids?
A bunch of middle-schoolers show up at an ancient cemetery for a full-moon pizza party. Chuck doesn't want to go past the front gates because of a dream--something about ghost pets. Lifelong best friends Emma and Angela stand with him and the three leave the group, which is when a Recipe for Adventure kit appears, drawing them into a mystery. Is it safe to trust two dead pets' ghosts? To lead them where, and for what purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy