Wednesday, September 25, 2019

AZ Trip #9 - A Super-smart Kid and Best Mexican Food

Rob and Dan enjoying great Mexican food at Santiago's
In today's blog about my trip to southern Arizona, my friend Dan and I were exploring Bisbee, an old copper mining town. It was there that we encountered a really smart 10 year old working for his dad in a book store, and enjoyed the best Mexican food. I think both of these are noteworthy, although simple pleasures.


BEST MEXICAN FOOD: SANTIAGO'S - We enjoyed Mexican food at Santiago's in Bisbee, and were very pleased. The restaurant is located in the San Ramon Hotel.
at 1 Howell Ave, Bisbee, AZ 85603. The atmosphere was nice, but the tacos were amazing! The taco had a home-baked shell, and the chicken inside was both shredded and grilled, making it extra tasty. Highly Recommended! BTW, Bisbee is just 10 miles from the Mexican border so it should have great authentic Mexican food. Website: http://www.santiagosmexican.com/
Entrance to Meridian Books and Comics


AMAZING SALES KID- We went into the store "Meridian Books and Comics" and were amazed by the 10 year old boy behind the desk. It was apparent that his dad owned the book store. He was so sharp, and a good salesman, too. He greeted us and told us where everything was located in the 5 room store, and when I asked about comics, the kid recited all kinds of facts about different superhero trade paperbacks and even manga-related stuff
(which I know nothing about). In fact, although I really didn't see anything I wanted, I was so impressed, that I bought a couple of used Superman graphic novels.


For information about the store: https://www.facebook.com/meridianbooksbisbee/ 

NEXT: THE GHOST WHO WALKED THROUGH ME IN TOMBSTONE










Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy