Monday, September 9, 2019

Great Book about Comic Book Fandom: Sense of Wonder

Recently when I was in my regular comic book shop, Third Eye Comics of Annapolis (who are the
BEST in the business), I found a book called "Sense of Wonder" by Bill Schelly. I don't remember Bill's name, but he's been in the comic fanzine business since the 1960s, creating Fan publications about comic books. He's also a talented artist and has written and illustrated his own characters in his fanzines.
  Although I never read a fanzine about comics, and stuck to the superhero comics themselves, this book also caught my attention because Bill came out of the closet, too (which is just a very minor part of the story). The story is really about the comic book movement and his part in promoting it, and meeting so many famous writers and artists in the comic book field in the 70s, 80s and beyond. 
  This is a great book for any comic book fan!- Rob

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy