Thursday, September 26, 2019

AZ Trip #10: The Ghost Who Walked Through Me in Tombstone

The sidewalk where the ghost of a man walked through me
In today's blog, we take you to Tombstone, Arizona.My friend Dan and I left Bisbee and drove to Tombstone for a ghost tour (which you'll read about in the next blog). In this blog, you'll learn a bit about Tombstone and then about the ghost who actually walked through me. 


The outside of Smoke Signals during the day
I've been to Tombstone before, last in 1993, when I was pursuing the history of Wyatt Earp. In fact, I'm a big fan and have traveled around the country to places he lived and worked. I was going to write a book about him, but so many have been done that I decided against it. Anyway, Wyatt and his brothers were in Tombstone (see the movie of the same name, which is most historically accurate, BTW).

ABOUT TOMBSTONE, AZ - Tombstone is a town in southeastern Arizona, known for its Wild West history. Exhibits at the Tombstone Courthouse State Historic Park include a replica gallows. On historic Allen Street, the O.K. Corral outdoor theater re-enacts the famous Oct. 26, 1881 gunfight between the Earps and Doc Holliday (who represented the law) versus the "Cowboys," who were rustlers and murderers. Resident ghosts are said to haunt the bullet-riddled Bird Cage Theatre. Outlaws are among the local townsfolk buried at the 1878 Boothill Cemetery.

Sidewalk at night
MY GHOSTLY SIDEWALK ENCOUNTER - Since Dan and I arrived about 1 hour before the ghost tour, we thought we would walk around the town (although all businesses were closed except for the saloons and a variety store). The store fronts all open to a wooden planked sidewalk, and as we were walking down one of them we stopped in front of a store called "Smoke Signals." 

Suddenly, the ghost of a dead man walked right through the left side of me! I felt cold and realized he had taken warmth from my body! My left arm and side had all suddenly gone cold and I felt as if I had the wind knocked out of me!  I told Dan what happened, and asked him to feel my left arm. He confirmed that it was very cold, unlike my right arm. We also noticed that I had goosebumps on my left arm. 

WHY THE COLD? As I wrote in my books, ghosts are all about energy. They're like a light bulb that needs energy to get strong enough to light up (and communicate with the living). So, when the ghost walked through me, he took my body heat to continue to manifest.

WHO WAS HE? The ghost didn't tell me who he was, but I knew immediately that he was once a resident of Tombstone. He wasn't in the mood for talking or answering questions and seemed in a hurry. He just walked through me and kept on walking. That would be the first of many ghosts I encountered that night.



NEXT: THE BIRD CAGE THEATRE GHOST TOUR- part 1
The spot where the ghost walked through me

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy