Saturday, October 14, 2017

Part 3: Rebuilding the Sun Porch: Final Stage

Outside of the new, improved sun porch and Tom's front side design
    Tom came up with the design to upgrade our sun porch into a room we can enjoy year round. This is part 3, the final part. Of course, we started this in June 2017, and it was finally finished in September. The reason it took so long was that Tom did it on weekends and some weekends over the summer we rainy. He did have help from our friends Will and Jeremy, too. Tom framed the second wall and installed the second set of windows, and then he and Will framed the front wall with large all-weather windows. 

Inside the new, upgraded  sun porch
   Tom also put in wiring and insulation. It was a huge job. - If you're wondering what I (Rob) did, well, the demolition of the old windows, and then I made
inside painting started
meals. I'm not good at building anything, just destroying things. :) - I spent my time training and walking the dogs and working on my 5th paranormal book. 
Paneling installed, ready for painting

   But I digress. After all the walls and windows were up, we got the electrical work connected. For the final part, paneling, inside framing and painting the paneling, we hired someone. Enough is enough! :)  So, now we've been able to enjoy the room reading the paper on Sunday mornings when it has been in the 50s outside, since this is heated and a full-time part of the house. What do you think?


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy