Saturday, April 8, 2017

Our thoughts: Selling Stuff on-line and People Trying to Bargain

Have you ever sold anything on Craigslist or Ebay and run in to people who always undercut what you ask for?
It happens to us all the time. 
  We've posted furniture or other items on Craigslist, and people always email us saying how much they want it, and say "I'll give you ($10 or $25) less for it."
     I understand that some people sell things at inflated prices, but we don't. We have sold things for 1/10th of the price we've paid for them and even if we put something up for $10 someone will say "I'll give you $5.00."
    If we put "Or Best Offer" I could see trying to bargain!  - Ebay allows you to check a "or best offer" box, and since I have sold comics from my collection, sometimes I do check that box.

FREE, FREE, SET THEM FREE:    The other thing we've learned is that if you post something
"Free" on Craiglist" within 4 hours we'll get 10 to 20 emails begging for it. We did that with carpet rods for stairway carpeting when we had our stairs redone. In 2 hours we had over 10 emails asking for the free hardware!! I guarantee if we posted it for $5 there would have been no one, or people asking to give us $1.00 for it.

 THE SUGGESTION:   The next time you answer an ad where someone is selling something, ask them in your email to them if they will accept a "Best Offer" instead of undercutting the price they're asking before even seeing what they're selling. It's the right thing to do.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy