Friday, January 29, 2016

Great Graphic Novel: THE FLASH VOL. 5: HISTORY LESSONS

I recently enjoyed a great graphic novel about the Flash. If you haven't watched the TV show on the CW
Network, you should. He's a superhero who can run at super-speed. I'll spare the origin, etc. but he's a great character.
   Recently our friends Stacey and Nathan surprised me with the trade paperback called "The Flash: Volume 5: History Lesson" that compiles the Flash monthly comic book issues #26-29 and FLASH ANNUAL #2,
   As someone on Amazon put it: Three of the issues in this paperback are a great mix of noir detective and paranormal as a ghost from the diamond mining 1800s returns, crosses paths with a modern day serial killer. 
 Flash gets help from a ghostly superhero named Deadman in this three part story.  I think it's one of the BEST Flash storylines I've ever read, likely because it involves the paranormal! :
Also in the book- 2 standalone stories including the first meeting of The Flash and Green Lantern!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy