Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fun Holiday U.K. Mystery: Mrs. Jeffries and the Feast of St. Stephen

Over the holidays I (Rob) enjoyed a great United Kingdom (written and based) Victorian mystery called
"Mrs. Jeffries and the Feast of St. Stephen" by Emily Brightwell. For anyone who likes Downton Abbey, you will likely enjoy this book and the entire series.
  The series is about an Inspector during the Victorian Age of England who employs a house staff who loves solving mysteries. The lead character, Mrs. Jeffries, is the housekeeper who has a keen sense of detective work.
  This particular story has quite an interesting twist at the end that I didn't see coming!
  This is the third in the series that I've read and each novel is better than the other because I get to know the characters a little more each time. The books are pretty well-paced and well-written, although for U.S. readers, you may have to look up a couple of words that you may not be familiar with. Regardless, all of the books I've read in this series are enjoyable and I recommend "Feast of St. Stephens."

BOOK SUMMARY: A Yuletide dinner in West Brompton should have been a festive occasion, until the host, wealthy Stephen Whitfield, dropped dead before the second course. Now Mrs. Jeffries and the busy sleuths must rally in support of their Inspector?especially since the clues are harder to find than a silver sixpence in a plum pudding.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy