Friday, July 17, 2015

Our Adventures in Air Conditioning Breakage...

 It has been an adventurous week! Our home AC (the motherboard shorted) started failing quickly yesterday when I was teleworking in the afternoon. Fortunately, I called BAIR Necessities (we have a service agreement with them) who sent a repairman (Tyler) out quickly.  Tyler took the unit apart, found the issue and ordered the part (which came in early this AM).  (http://www.bairnecessities.com/)

   Tyler called me this morning as I was about to go to the office and said he would come over and install the new part, so I worked from home. He gave me a time-frame and arrived promptly.

Our Tyler
   He repaired it and double-checked everything. - He's awesome. Knowledgeable, efficient, friendly and explained everything. Can't say enough about him and his service. (He also enjoyed meeting our dachshund who shares his name... and who wouldn't stop barking). - Can't say enough great things about BAIR and their techs. 
    Thankfully, this was fixed in time for a weekend in the mid-90s (and heat indicies expected near 100F). 
**But there's more! On top of the home AC, my truck's AC fizzled twice this week (Tom fixed it both times). Three weeks ago, the fan in the inside of the truck that blows the cold air, had burnt out. I ordered a replacement on Amazon.com, and Tom used a YouTube video of instructions to install the new one. However, the cord has come loose now a couple of times, so we'll have to address that. 
Stay cool!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy