Monday, April 27, 2015

Video Short; Tyler the Dachshund is a "Rock Star" at Class!

Tyler looking at that orange tunnel
Last week (April 22, 2015) marked the Tyler the (5 year old) Dachshund's first class in his new pre-agility semester. Last week, we told you that Tyler seemed to not like the orange-colored tunnel.

CONQUERING TUNNEL TREPIDATION -  Well, when we arrived at class last week, I followed our friend Rebecca's instructions and crept into the opening of the tunnel with Tyler. I was armed with tasty chicken treats. Everytime I crawled inside and he followed I gave him a treat. Once inside, I told him "GO TUNNEL" and he ran through and met me for more chicken treats!  We did that 10 times, and he got it! He beat his aversion!
The course we ran correctly the FIRST TIME!

SUCCESS AT THE BIG TEST!! - Lee, our instructor, told us that this is the day of the big course test. We walked through it first. There were 3 jumps, then running through a YELLOW TUNNEL. Then another jump. Then the ORANGE TUNNEL. Then jumping up and staying on a raised platform for a count of 3. Then another jump, and run up and down an "A Frame" (what I call "upstairs" and "downstairs") and finally over a last jump. 
  It was astounding. We did it correctly the FIRST TIME!!! I was so proud of Tyler that it brought a tear to my eyes. 
Wow. This is how it feels to be super proud of your child. 

TYLER'S SHORT INTERVIEW VIDEO - After passing the big test, I sat down with Tyler and interviewed him about it. Here's what he said: https://youtu.be/aicnmJIj60k



Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy